Police shoot gunman entering Phoenix 7-Eleven with patrons and staff inside

PHOENIX (3TV/SCS5/Gray News) – Shocking surveillance and body camera videos released Thursday show officers opening fire on an armed suspect entering a Phoenix 7-Eleven store with customers and staff inches away.

Several customers and a store employee were inside when bullets began flying, but no one was injured.

The Arizona Family reports, a woman called 911 on Sept. 22 saying her son, suspect Isaiah Manning, walked out of their home armed.

“My son just left home,” she told the dispatcher. “We left our house with a lot of weapons. He went down to the right and we just heard a gunshot. I mean as fast as it came out.

A family friend then called 911 shortly after. “I have a friend who is having issues with a son who she says is on a psychiatric break,” the woman said. “And he just left with guns and they heard gunshots in the neighborhood. He’s not in his right mind. »

Officers tracked Manning to the nearby 7-Eleven parking lot.

Surveillance video shows him crossing the parking lot and heading for the front door of the convenience store.

Body camera video shows two officers running after Manning, yelling at him to stop. “Get down now!” Embark on the [expletive] land!” yells an officer. “Move away!” he shouts at customers exiting the store. “Move away!”

DISCLAIMER: The videos used may contain graphic content.

(TV DISCRETION ADVISED) Several customers and a store employee were inside the convenience store when the shooting broke out.

Surveillance video shows a customer inside checking out the counter. Manning then opens the door and enters, and an officer begins firing into the store.

Suddenly, bullet holes begin to shatter the glass doors and the innocent customer walks away. Another customer in the back of the store begins to run away from Manning while the store clerk hides behind the counter as bullets continue to smash windows and doors. At least eight shots are heard on the body camera.

Manning continues walking, heading towards the back of the store, before falling to the ground.

Officers came inside, grabbed the employee hiding behind the counter, and pulled him to safety. Manning was found inside the store shot multiple times. He was taken to hospital.

Robert Castiglia and his fiancee had just gone to the store when the police began to invade the premises. Shots began to ring out and the two men were seen under surveillance outside the store. “I tried to grab my fiancé and get away as fast as possible,” Castiglia said.

He described the scene as pure chaos. “I was just trying to get to safety, trying to run away. There were cops in all directions,” he said. “I feel like it could have been handled in a different way than what happened.”

Castiglia and her fiancé were uninjured, but the two were too close to be comforted during the incident. “It was pretty obvious when they started shooting. You could feel the bullets and the air moving, so I wanted to make sure she was okay and I was okay,” he explained.

Manning was jailed Sept. 29 and faces two counts of prohibited weapons.